Sunday, September 20, 2009

Twig Drawings-Finding beauty in simple objects

Students in 11th period drawing class completed a close observational study of a simple twig. Using charcoal, a q-tip and an eraser, students completed large value drawings of the twigs. Students concentrated on the highlights and shadows found on the twigs and also the textures on the twig.

Here is a group of the drawings displayed on one of the bulletin boards in the classroom.


Individual Twig Drawings:

By Bailey S.


By Hayley T.


By Missy J.


By Keegan H.


By Matt S.

Students also completed a small ink drawing of their twig. Students used India ink on watercolor paper.

Here are a couple of examples:


By Katie G.


By Mariah B.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post. I am a high school art teacher and my Drawing I class is presently drawing twigs. This is perfect for me to share with them. I also enjoyed your links and will visit again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! We love to hear from you!